Syracuse releases 2020 men’s lacrosse schedule

Kaci Wasilewski | Senior Staff Writer

Goalie Drake Porter is one of Syracuse's key returning players for the upcoming 2020 season.

Syracuse released its full schedule for the 2020 season on Tuesday, which starts with four straight home games to open the season. After that, the Orange spend three consecutive weekends on the road — including the Atlantic Coast Conference opener against Duke in Durham, North Carolina.

The only new addition to the schedule from last year is Binghamton, who replaced Navy. Each of SU’s other 11 opponents are the same from 2019.

Last season, the Orange (9-5, 2-2 ACC) were eliminated by Loyola in the first round of the NCAA tournament, but picked up one of the Greyhounds’ best players in transfer Chase Scanlan. The sophomore will immediately add to an SU offense that graduated Nate Solomon and Bradley Voigt. SU will also get Tucker Dordevic back after the junior missed all of last season with a foot injury, and returns starting goalie Drake Porter, too.

Here is Syracuse’s schedule for the upcoming year (conference games are in bold). It’ll play the final two home games at Cicero-North Syracuse High School due to Carrier Dome renovations, and this season marks the first time since 2014 that the Orange will play half of their games on the road.

Feb. 7 — Colgate (Carrier Dome)

Feb. 15 — Binghamton (Carrier Dome)

Feb. 23 — Army West Point (Carrier Dome)

Feb. 28 — Hobart (Carrier Dome)

March 7 — at Johns Hopkins (Homewood Field)

March 14 — at Rutgers (Shi Stadium)

March 21 — at Duke (Koskinen Stadium)

March 28 — Notre Dame (Cicero-North Syracuse High School)

April 3 — at Albany (Casey Stadium)

April 7 — at Cornell (Schoellkopf Field)

April 11 — North Carolina (Cicero-North Syracuse High School)

April 18 — at Virginia (Klockner Stadium)